Thursday 24 July 2014

BIG Sponsors

One of the main ways I have been raising money for my Borneo expedition is through sponsors from large companies and businesses. I have been charging £200 for a logo space on my t-shirt and in return I have promised photos of me in the t-shirt at fundraising events and when I'm in Borneo. Companies see this as a great way to promote themselves not only as a business, but  as people who support charities as well.

I wrote letters to as many different companies as I could explaining what I was doing. When doing this you do need to be prepared for rejection. I was very lucky in the sense that a good number of the companies I wrote to responded by agreeing or if not said their staff would like to sponsor me in my walk.

I found I got the best response from those actually within my village and close surrounding area. Four within my actual village and one in the village of my high school. A housing company that sponsored me even organised a photographer from the local newspaper to come out and take pictures for an article.

Basically, you need to try and tell as many people as possible about what you are doing. Some people who have read about what I am doing in the newspaper or on our villages online forum made smaller donations, everything counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment